Hi CY and Jared,

Jared, CY is actually right that MacPyMOL won't run if you're not logged in to
the Mac desktop. I assume in your test, you were logged in on the imac
(WindowServer running for your user).

For this use case, we now provide the "Mac alternative X11-only build"
(current: "pymol-v1.7.6.1-Darwin-x86_64.tar.gz") which is built like on a unix
system, linked to X11 graphics (requires XQuartz) instead of OSX Cocoa. This
version works without a WindowsServer in command line "-c -q" mode. CY, please
give that version a try.

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer