Hi again, Joe -

Try saving in COLLADA<http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/COLLADA> format with
`save myfile.dae` (in PyMOL v1.7.3.2 or later).

If you're using Blender, you'll need to `set collada_geometry_mode, 1`, because
Blender only supports polylists for COLLADA import, and not the more efficient
structures like triangles, tristrips, trifans, etc.  I've never used Maya, so
I'm not sure if it has any peculiarities in its COLLADA support.

There is also VRML2, which you can get with `save myfile.wrl`, but I'm partial
to the COLLADA exporter, since I wrote it.  ;)

Cheers,
Jared

--
Jared Sampson
Xiangpeng Kong Lab

On Aug 15, 2015, at 1:42 PM, Joseph Georgeson