Hi Thomas,

To have same stick size for hydrogens, set stick_h_scale to 1.0, see:
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/stick_h_scale

I don't think that PyMOL's behavior for loading multi-entry .sdf files has
changed. If get the same behavior in 1.7.2.1 and any other version. The entries
are loaded into one object as discrete states, with the same (carbon) color.
Adding hydrogens to discrete objects was never supported.

Are you sure you didn't load .sdf files "multiplexed" in the past? This would
split the states into individual objects.

load targets.sdf, multiplex=1

If your example really behaves different in 1.9 and 1.7, then it would be great
if you could send me the input files.

Thanks,
  Thomas

--