We'd like to know your thoughts!

How should we name the new selectors for protein and nucleic acid?

Link to poll:
https://goo.gl/forms/r0Ck03VTytZQxN4A2

We will enhance the PyMOL selection language by adding a new selector for
protein, and a new one for nucleic acid. They will be subsets of the already
existing "polymer" selector.

The obvious keyword choices seem to be "nucleic" and "protein". However, this
would likely introduce conflicts with existing workflows where e.g. files are
named "nucleic.pdb" or "protein.pdb", and PyMOL would load them as named
objects of the same name.

We are looking for new keywords that minimize the chance of such naming
conflicts.

For an overview of the current selection language, see
https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Selection_Algebra

--
Thomas Holder
PyMOL Principal Developer