Dear David,

We used the win_amd64.whl files for all 3 versions, taken from the link in
my first email. I would think, that those are compiled from the 64 Bit
binaries?
The issue also precedes the Fall Creators Update, we first experienced it
in July 2017.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Dear Vijay,

I am also using .bat file to install the dependencies and Pymol using pip,
see the .txt file attached.
Could you please share your script with me in order to test this further?

Best,
Florian

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 12:31 AM, David Mathog <mat...@caltech.edu> wrote:

> On 26-Mar-2018 06:26, Arsanis IT wrote:
>
>> This seems to happen only on Windows 10, as we tried it successfully with
>> the same files on a Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit machine.
>>
>> Any idea what the issue could be?
>>

> Was it by any chance a 32 bit PyMOL binary?  Could be this:
>
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054150/issues-when
> -windows-10-fall-creators-update-calls-createwindowex-for-s
>
> So it may not be a W7 vs. W10 thing, it could be a W10 version problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Mathog
> mat...@caltech.edu

*Florian Wende |** IT Support*
Arsanis Biosciences GmbH | Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Vienna, Austria
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse+2,+1030+Vienna,+Austria&entry=gmail&source=g>
O: +43 1 7990 117 34 |  E: i...@arsanis.com

Confidentiality Note: This information and any attachments is confidential
and only for use by the individual or entity to whom it has been sent. Any
unauthorized
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message from your
system. Thank you for your co-operation.
set soft_path=C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\Pymol_2_1_0_win_64
echo Wheel installation
C:\Python27\pip.exe install wheel

echo Pip Upgrade
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install --upgrade pip

echo PMW Installation (for tkinter windows)
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install "%soft_path%\Pmw-2.0.1-py2-none-any.whl"

echo Numpy MKL Installtion
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install
"%soft_path%\numpy-1.14.1+mkl-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl"

echo Pymol lib installation
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install
"%soft_path%\pymol-2.1.0-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl"

echo PWN Graphic interface installation
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install
"%soft_path%\pymol_launcher-2.1-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl"

echo DONE -- To run Pymol Launch :
echo C:\Python27\pymol.exe

pause