Thanks for the tip, Thomas. 'cartoon dash' works with cartoon
representation, but doesn't seem to affect the ribbon representation. For
some use cases I like the 'cornered' ribbon representation better than the
smooth cartoon representation, but cartoon is still a good alternative if
it is not possible to show ribbon as dashed/dotted lines.

Thanks,
Yang