From:Saurabh Gayali <saurabh.gay...@gmail.com>
Sent At:2019 Jul. 6 (Sat.) 18:20
To:孙业平 <sunyep...@aliyun.com>
Cc:pymol-users <pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:Re: [PyMOL] How to color stick and surface representation separately

there are two ways to achieve this (might not be correct ways, but it will give
you results)
1. Open the molucule and choose show as Surface
[image.png]

This will show complete molecule as a surface. Remember choosing show as
surface after choosing line or cartoon will remove former from viewport.
-
Now choose parts you want to keep and color them before moving on to next part
Next select the same molecule and enable line
[image.png]
remember to not choose line in show as menu but directly from show menu
This will keep the old object and add the new line visualization.
This way you can show both custom color surface and default color of
line/cartoon
this way has limitation that you cannot color the second scheme but have to use
the default coloring way.

2. Copy the molecule you want to load and create a copy in the folder
Load both moleculaes [You won't even need to align them]
now You can choose any visualization for both moleculaes as they are separate
files.

Regards,Saurabh Gayali

                I’m protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here —
it’s free forever.
On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 2:29 PM sunyeping via PyMOL-users