On 01/19/2014 02:06 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:

Is it enough to know the python process and how to write good patches?

I would say that's half the battle, but not all of it [1].

I don't see why Yury would become but not Vajrasky Kok.

I haven't worked with Yury, but I have worked with Vajrasky on three issues for Enum. He was a huge help in finding bugs, and in getting a patch going, but two of those three patches I had to seriously rework (the third, that I could use as-is, was very minor).

I never liked how much time it takes to become a "core developer". Developers
know what it means to be core developer
and usually ensure that they don't make mistake.

I have to disagree. Developers have the same range in talents and concerns as other folks; not every developer is a "core developer". Likewise, it is possible to be extremely helpful without being a core developer. While I wasn't able to just use Vajrasky's patches as-is, I am still grateful that he found the bugs and inconsistencies so they could be fixed.

--
~Ethan~

[1] "Knowledge is half the battle."

    What's the other half?

      25% red lasers
      25% blue lasers

More seriously, I would say a core-dev should also be teachable, able to communicate effectively, and good at debugging, to name just a few things.