On 3/26/2022 5:11 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
* Buildbots run the test suite with "-u all" option. On Windows,
Python is built in debug mode.
* GHA uses "-u all,-cpu". On Windows, Python is built in release mode
(I think that changed last change after the 3rd buildbot failure not
catched by GHA but buildbots).

Correct, except it changed because it's the third time a regression was caught by *humans*, and not by either buildbots or CI, and the regression would have been caught by preexisting assert statements that only ran on Windows. In other words, the exact reason that debug builds exist and should be used for first pass testing.

I put my name down for Windows ARM64, but I'm probably the only person on the team with hardware access right now (unless someone has bought something and never mentioned it...). Once VMs are available, I'm sure we'll be able to cover it more easily, and for the most part it's identical to the other Windows platforms anyway - the OS does a very good job of hiding the differences.

Cheers,
Steve