John McFarlane wrote:
I don't at all mean to sound confrontational, but would simple xml + xsl
be a bit easier to implement?  If we're just going to have a few pages,
a simple shell script could loop thru them calling xsltproc.  Then
again, I'm a fan of using simple tools for simple needs?

No, you don't sound confrontational. ;) I don't have any preference for the tools we use. For me it's all about making mod_python better. I think the idea is to piggy-back on the Apache infrastructure. This could be especially relevant if we end up merging our content into the Apache website tree. In that case maintaining a consistent look and feel would be easier using the pre-existing build environment.

I really haven't done any xml/xsl stuff John. Could content source files used by the apache build system be used with xsl style sheets if we decide to not use the apache tools?

Jim