Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

I don't understand this enough to have an opinion on it, seems like another way to skin a cat, but to really form an opinion would require some thinking on my part at least (may be I'm getting thick with age).

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
Using SSI, if one was mad
enough, you could even have Python and Perl code appearing in the one
file.

I'm intrigued by this statement. I've always found SSI to be limited, but this could turn that notion on its head. Imagine writing an application that uses HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Lisp, & SQL, all in one file. Now, that's job security! :)

But seriously, I feel that exploring these hooks could lead to discoveries that might benefit mod_python in the long run, as long as it doesn't introduce stability or security issues.