Clodoaldo wrote:
> 2006/12/3, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> Can you and anyone else who is interested, read through the
>> documentation
>> I have added and comment on whether it is adequate. Ie., is there
>> anything
>> that you can think is missing based on your own knowledge of the new
>> importer,
>> or anything that is particularly clear.
>>

> This paragraph is not clear for me:
>
> "In this scheme for maintaining a pseudo package, individual modules
> are still placed into a directory, but there cannot be a __init__.py
> file in the directory. If such a file does exist, it will simply be
> ignored."
>
> It says there cannot be a __init__.py  file in the directory and
> immediately after it says that if it exists it will be ignored. What
> will be ignored? The file or the pseudo package?
>
> Thinking about it the only way that the paragraph makes sense is if
> the package is ignored but for me it is confusing at first sight.

I believe he's saying the following:

Normally putting an __init__.py, even an empty one, will cause the
directory to act as a package and you can therefore of "import
However using the mod_python path invalidates that package behavior, so
if you have a package that relies on code in __init__.py to be executed
on import, it won't work any more.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the behavior I'm seeing.