Brian Sabbey wrote:
I prefer re-using the 'for' loop for this purpose because it allows the problem to be solved in a general way by re-using a structure with which most users are already familiar, and uses generators, which are easier to use in this case than defining a class with __exit__, __enter__, etc.

But this is an abuse of both the for-loop and the generator. It's using a for-loop for something that does not loop and is never intended to loop, and it's using yield to do something other than producing a value for consumption.

I'd rather see a new mechanism altogether for this very
different use case.

-Brian

-- Greg