Sorry, Nick. GMail, for some reason, doesn't follow the reply-to
properly for python-dev. Forwarding to list now...

On 10/9/05, Nick Coghlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Based on the discussion, I think I'd go with defaultproperty.
> >
> > Questions:
> >
> > - Should this be in builtins, alongside property, or in
> >    a library module? (Oleg suggested propertytools.)
> >
> > - Do we need a short PEP?
>
> The much-discussed never-created decorators module, perhaps?
>
> Cheers,
> Nick.

Never created for a reason? lumping things together for having the
similar usage semantics, but unrelated purposes, might be something to
avoid and maybe that's why it hasn't happened yet for decorators. If
ever there was a makethreadsafe decorator, it should go in the thread
module, etc. I mean, come on, its like making a module just to store a
bunch of unrelated types just to lump them together because they're
types. Who wants that?