[Thomas Wouters]
> My point isn't that it isn't archived somewhere (mailinglists, wiki, FAQ,
> the minds of many, many people, not just Python developers) but that it
> isn't easily findable and it isn't easily accessible in a single location. I
> thought PEP's where supposed to be that, and if I have a particular idea for
> new syntax or new semantics, PEPs would be the place I'd look, not the FAQ
> or a Wiki.

Luckily, in his benevolent infinite wisdom, I expect Guido reserved
PEP number 13 for exactly this purpose:  for a meta-PEP to record the
unlucky PEP ideas that are so unlikely to get accepted that it's not
worth anyone's time to write an actual PEP for them.  I like the
title:

    Don't Bother:  PEPs Rejected Before Being Written

No, I'm not kidding.  At least I don't think I am.

> And I would like to point out how hard it is to google or grep for ideas
> like this. For instance, the 'x, y, *rest = someseq' syntax. I wouldn't know
> what to call it (or what others would call it, and you can't google for the
> syntax (since the variables can be named anything).

If PEP 13 grows large enough, won't be easy to find there either.  But
it will be easy to remember _where_ to look.

> And a PEP titled 'Rejected Ideas' would certainly be the first place to look
> ;)

Too bland ;-)