On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 17:34, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:
>  > Generally, when people ask questions like this, I struggle,
>
> Yup.  But I think the above is a good first cut.

Agreed, it's a great summary of what "support stops" means. What I was
trying to say was more that I'm not quite sure where people asking the
question are coming from - they are clearly worried about the impact
there might be on them when support stops. In reality, though, I
suspect that what they are losing is less than they think it is, in
the sense that they are assuming they have things now that actually
they don't. For example, "if I find a bug in Python I can report it
and it will get fixed" - well, yes, maybe, but there's no guarantees
on timescale, as we're all volunteers, so is that any benefit?

I guess I'm more trying to tackle the question by clarifying that
"your worries are unfounded" rather than by actually directly
answering the question as it stands (because we seem to keep coming
round to the same question, which suggests to me there's something
deeper).

Paul