On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 09:43:44AM +0300, Serhiy Storchaka
<storch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 30.04.21 05:57, Larry Hastings пише:
> > When one writes one's "blurb" for the changelog, in what tense should it
> > be?
>
> See the previous discussion on this topic:
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/thread/C342Y73LALVFLI2ACFB3SH6ZDT2YTGPC/
> .
>
> I always use "fixed", "removed", "added" when describe changes following
> the rule formulated by Oleg Broytman:
>
> > I use past tense to describe what I did on the code, and present
> > simple to describe what the new code does when running.

   Thanks, Serhiy, for reminding! I said this about git commit messages,
not NEWS items. And even for commit messages I changed my style to be
imperative.
   The widely known advice about git commit messages is: the subject
should be a continuation of "When applied this commit will..."
   So I now use "Implement a feature", "Fix a bug", "Update docs".

Oleg.
--
    Oleg Broytman            https://phdru.name/            p...@phdru.name