Kristján Valur Jónsson <krist...@ccpgames.com> writes:

> Now, I know that this msvc behaviour can be disabled, but it was
> decided that it was not appropriate to meddle with runtime flags of
> the whole process for python.

I must have missed that discussion, but I can't see what the problem
is if such an override only occurs during the buildbot non-interactive
test runs?  Isn't that what using -n in the buildbot test.bat did?

It's not like it hides the error, as I believe the process will still
terminate if it would have otherwise, thus causing a test failure, but
the error itself just goes to stderr (or wherever) without popping up
a blocking UI dialog.

In that way it's no different than disabling the Windows (non-CRT)
dialog boxes, which I do in my buildslave for all builds (via code in
buildbot).  The process still fails, but it doesn't hang waiting for
UI interaction.

I can't see the downside.

-- David