From: python-dev-bounces+kristjan=ccpgames....@python.org
[mailto:python-dev-bounces+kristjan=ccpgames....@python.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Hammond
Sent: 25. mars 2009 08:44
To: David Bolen
Cc: python-dev@python.org
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Test failures under Windows?

On 25/03/2009 10:05 AM, David Bolen wrote:
> Kristján Valur Jónsson<krist...@ccpgames.com>  writes:
>
>> Now, I know that this msvc behaviour can be disabled, but it was
>> decided that it was not appropriate to meddle with runtime flags of
>> the whole process for python.
>
> I must have missed that discussion, but I can't see what the problem
> is if such an override only occurs during the buildbot non-interactive
> test runs?  Isn't that what using -n in the buildbot test.bat did?

The issue was that Python unconditionally changed the behaviour of the
CRT, not only during the test suite.  I'm inclined to agree that Python
itself (ie, pythonxx.dll on windows) has no business changing these
flags, but it should be up to the application - ie, either python.exe
itself, or exposed to the python app - the latter of which is what my
patch offers.  Note however that my patch doesn't cause any .py code to
actually change the flags, just offers the ability for them to do so.

Curt's suggestion of redirecting to a file is better still - I'll look
at tweaking my patch to also offer that capability...

Cheers,

Mark