Collin Winter wrote:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzy...@voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
Collin Winter wrote:
As part of the common standard library and test suite that we agreed
on at the PyCon language summit last week, we're going to include a
common benchmark suite that all Python implementations can share. This
is still some months off, though, so there'll be plenty of time to
bikeshed^Wrationally discuss which benchmarks should go in there.

Where is the right place for us to discuss this common benchmark and test
suite?

As the benchmark is developed I would like to ensure it can run on
IronPython.

The test suite changes will need some discussion as well - Jython and
IronPython (and probably PyPy) have almost identical changes to tests that
currently rely on deterministic finalisation (reference counting) so it
makes sense to test changes on both platforms and commit a single solution.

I believe Brett Cannon is the best person to talk to about this kind
of thing. I don't know that any common mailing list has been set up,
though there may be and Brett just hasn't told anyone yet :)

Collin
Which begs the question of whether we *should* have a separate mailing list.

I don't think we discussed this specific point in the language summit - although it makes sense. Should we have a list specifically for the test / benchmarking or would a more general implementations-sig be appropriate?

And is it really Brett who sets up mailing lists? My understanding is that he is pulling out of stuff for a while anyway, so that he can do Java / Phd type things... ;-)

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog