I've been trying to follow this discussion now for weeks. The signal to noise ratio is pretty low.

I'd love to have an stdlib solution for distribution packaging and installation. But I think we might as well pack it up and go home if the folks whom are contributing to the discussion "recreationally" (whom are not themselves implementers and potential implementers or spec writers or potential spec writers of packaging systems) continue to chime in on *every single issue*, contributing only stop energy. It's just completely pointless.

- C