On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Mark Hammond<mhamm...@skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> I'm more than willing to help on this; I haven't resurrected my stale patch
> because I find win32text only 1/2 a solution that doesn't work in practice.
>  Therefore that patch is as stale for me as it is anyone. However, if a plan
> is put in place which offers a full solution and the hg developers are
> committed to it, I promise I'll put my hand up to help with implementation
> in a fairly timely manner...

Not sure what your patch was as I cannot find it, but I did up a quick
change to win32text that uses a versioned .win32text file to maintain
encoders, decoders and an ignore list

http://media.digitalxero.net/win32text.py
http://media.digitalxero.net/.win32text

and add to your hgrc file
[hooks]
precommit.eol_encode = python:hgext.win32text.versioned_encode

it needs to be precommit since it needs to run before the change set
has been created so it can modify the data. Honestly I think this
solution is kind of a hack, a much better solution would be to modify
the encode/decode hooks to accept a filename so you can at least do
ignore pattern matching, but that still ignores versioned encodes /
decodes