Cesare> ... but ceval.c has a relatively stable code ...

I believe you are mistaken on several counts:

    * The names of the functions in there have changed over time.

    * The suite of byte code operations have changed dramatically over the
      past ten years or so.

    * The relationship between the code in ceval.c and the Python threading
      model has changed.

Any or all of these aspects of the virtual machine, as well I'm sure as many
other things I've missed would have to be tracked by any extension module
which hoped to supplant or augment its function in some way.

Skip