On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:37, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that if you've experienced the sort of culture that
> makes it a problem,

Ah, it's a culture problem.

In a heterogenous world, every action will benefit some and hurt some.
Another arbitrary corporate ruleset could also mean you might be stuck
on ancient python versions, and might not see a new module added to
stdlib in 3.2 until 2015 or so. Some corporations go through a lot of
trouble to prevent their employees from doing their job. Pythons core
developers can not and should not let that hinder *them* from doing
what is best for Python.

Decisions on inclusion in stdlib must be made on what benefits Python
and it's users in general. Since even small mistakes in a stdlib
module will hurt far more people than having to having the module
mature on PyPI until the worst API issues and bugs are ironed out,
it's clear to me that letting a module mature on PyPI before inclusion
is the better policy here, although how long obviously must be decided
on a case by case basis.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64