On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Greg Ewing <greg.ew...@canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Brian Quinlan wrote:
>
>> I think that Jesse was planning to add some functionality to this
>>  namespace.
>
> Even if that happens, the existing threading and multiprocessing
> modules would remain outside of it.

Not entirely; once concurrent.* comes into existence, I will seriously
begin looking at what we can move out of multiprocessing, into
concurrent.* alongside futures.

>> You could have general thread pools that aren't related to executors
>
> Yes, but it should be fairly obvious that the ones defined
> in the futures module have to do with futures. Namespaces are
> only a honking great idea if you actually let them do the job
> they're designed for.

concurrent.* is the namespace, futures is the package within the
namespace - concurrent.futures is highly descriptive of the items
contained therein.

jesse