On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Krah <ste...@bytereef.org> wrote:
> Jesse Noller <jnol...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I'm mulling over starting a monthly triage sprint under the auspices of
>> > Jesse Noeller's PSF sponsored sprints in the hopes of making this a
>> > little more fun. I'd appreciate comments on the idea.
>
> [responding to Geremy]
>
> I'm with Georg on this. If triaging needs a monetary incentive because it
> is tedious work, so does committing. A lot of the abandoned issues aren't
> very glamorous either.

I'm not sure what you mean by "monetary incentive". I was considering
handing a t-shirt or beer token to the most productive sprinters, but
that's about the limit of it, and I suspect that would come out of my
pocket.

I'd also emphasize that I am exactly as far as I stated on this: I'm
mulling it over and asking for feedback. If it turns out that there
are other things that python-dev feels are more necessary but
similarly unglamorous, then I'll think about doing that instead.

> Also, from the work that Mark Lawrence has been doing on the tracker in
> the past few weeks, it's apparent that a dedicated person can achieve a
> lot without pay.

Indeed, although I'm again unsure what pay has to do with this.

> Due to his tracker reshuffling, many issues got closed, several bug
> reporters responded after years, etc. Thanks, Mark!

+1

Geremy Condra