On 09/12/2010 16:36, Brett Cannon wrote:
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 04:26, Thomas Nagy<tnagyemail-m...@yahoo.fr>  wrote:
Hello,

I am looking forward to replacing a piece of code
(http://code.google.com/p/waf/source/browse/trunk/waflib/Runner.py#86) by the
futures module which was announced in python 3.2 beta. I am a bit stuck with
it, so I have a few questions about the futures:

1. Is the futures API frozen?
It will be once Python 3.2 final is released.

Now that 3.2 beta 1 is out the api is effectively frozen though, the only changes that should be made are bugfixes unless you can convince the release manager that an api change is really *essential*.

Michael

-Brett

2. How hard would it be to return the tasks processed in an output queue to
process/consume the results while they are returned? The code does not seem to
be very open for monkey patching.
3. How hard would it be to add new tasks dynamically (after a task is executed)
and have the futures object never complete?
4. Is there a performance evaluation of the futures code (execution overhead) ?

Thanks,
Thomas

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.