Glyph <glyph <at> twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> The biggest issue for the single-codebase approach is 'except ... as ...'.
> Peppering one's codebase with calls to sys.exc_info() can be a real
> performance problem, especially on PyPy.  Not to mention how ugly it is.
> For some reason I thought that this syntax was only supported by 2.7 and up;
> I see now that it's 2.6 and up.

Granted that it's ugly, but where is the evidence that it can be a real
performance problem? I mean in practice on real projects, rather than in theory
or on code contrived to show up a problem.

Please note, I'm not saying it isn't a real performance problem, I'm just asking
where the evidence is, whether running on PyPy or elsewhere.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip