On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Eli Bendersky <eli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> * PEP 3144: IP Address manipulation library
>>
>> This is pretty close to approval. Peter's addressed all the
>> substantive comments that were made regarding the draft API, and he's
>> going to provide an update to the PEP shortly that should get it into
>> a state where I can mark it as Approved. Integration of the library
>> and tests shouldn't be too hard, but it would really help if a sphinx
>> expert could take a look at my Stack Overflow question [1] about
>> generating an initial version of the API reference docs. (I've been
>> meaning to figure out the right mailing list to send sphinx questions
>> to, but haven't got around to it yet).
>>
>> [1]
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10377576/emit-restructuredtext-from-sphinx-autodoc
>>

> Will this package go through the provisional state mandated by PEP 411 ?

Yeah, it will. While the ipaddr heritage means we can be confident the
underlying implementation is solid, there's no need to be hasty in
locking down the cleaned up API. Clarifying that is one of the updates
I've asked Peter to make to the PEP before I can accept it.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncogh...@gmail.com   |   Brisbane, Australia