On 18 Jul, 2012, at 7:53, mar...@v.loewis.de wrote:

>> What is the status of LLVM nowadays? Is it not a good solution to
>> write a portable JIT?
>
> I don't think it is. It is still slow and memory hungry. The fact that
> the version that Apple ships with Xcode still miscompiles Python 3.3
> tells me that it is still buggy.

Does it miscompile? I regularly run the 3.3 testsuite using the latest Xcode
from the Appstore on a OSX Lion machine and that works properly. The only
unexpected test failures are in ctypes, which is probably caused by the way the
clang developers interpret the ABI w.r.t. passing small values.

Ronald