Alex Gaynor writes:

 > Here's my proposed list of such featuers:

And suppose that list grows over time?  After all, it once was [].

If we go for a feature-by-feature list, that has two more-or-less
hidden costs.  (1) Python-Dev has to specify which ones, and either
risks a new specification debate in the future, or needs to spend
time now describing criteria and processes for extending the list.
(2) Users may need to worry about the list.  (OTOH, as long as the
list is restricted to features in certain modules, users can choose to
assume anything in those modules may have changed behavior and that's
no different from Nick's proposal for them.)