Benjamin Peterson writes:

 > I don't think Nikolaus is wrong to post here. I often tell people that
 > sometimes the only way to get your patches in is to constantly poke us
 > about it.

I admit the tone was biased toward nagging or "blaming the victim",
and again I apologize for causing misunderstanding.  Nikolaus isn't
"wrong" for posting here.  My claim is that in current circumstances,
core-mentorship would be a more *effective* channel because

 - core-mentorship is *explicitly* for poking Those Who Can Help
   (among other requests for help);

 - a surprisingly large (to me, anyway :-) fraction of core committers
   and people who may not be "core" but do a lot of mentoring for
   central projects like IDLE do hang out there; and

 - when reading core-mentorship their "mentor modes" will be engaged,
   whereas on python-dev they will often be mostly interested in a
   particular thread.

I also suggested that some tweaks to the weekly issue report might
help to catch the attention of those who can commit patches, but my
ideas about that are still basically vaporware.