If we're voting I think representing Unicode internally in micropython
as utf-8 with O(N) indexing is a great idea, partly because I'm not
sure indexing into strings is a good idea - lots of Unicode code
points don't make sense by themselves; see also grapheme clusters. It
would probably work great.