Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+python <at> benfinney.id.au> writes:
>
> > Rather, the claim is that *if* one's code base doesn't migrate to
> > Python 3, it will be decreasingly supported by the PSF and the
> > Python community at large.
>
> The PSF doesn't support any versions of Python. We have effectively no
> involvement in the development of Python the language, or CPython. We
> certainly don't care what version of Python you use.

Okay, I was under the impression that the entity blessing Python
releases as “official” is the PSF. What is that entity, then?

Whatever entity is the one which makes “this is an official release of
Python the language”, and “support for Python version A.B will end on
YYYY-MM-DD”, that's the entity I meant.

--
 \         “I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms |
  `\      from the statues that are in all the other museums.” —Steven |