Perhaps you are correct, and I will attempt to remain more constructive on
the topic (despite it being an *incredibly* frustrating experience).
However, my point remains: this is a patently false thing that is being
parroted throughout the Python community, and it's outright insulting to be
told my complaints about writing 2/3 compatible code are invalid on the
basis of "premature optimization".

-Mark