On Feb 11, 2016, at 09:22 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>based on the feedback so far, I revised the PEP.  There is now
>a much simpler rule for allowed underscores, with no exceptions.
>This made the grammar simpler as well.

I'd be +1, but there's something missing from the PEP: what the underscores
*mean*.  You describe the syntax nicely, but not the semantics.

>From reading the examples, I'd guess that the underscores are semantically
transparent, meaning that the resulting value is the same if you just removed
the underscores and interpreted the resulting literal.

Right or wrong, could you please add a paragraph explaining the meaning of the
underscores?

Cheers,
-Barry