On 13.04.16 14:40, Victor Stinner wrote:
Last months, most 3.x buildbots failed randomly. Some of them were
always failing. I spent some time to fix almost all Windows and Linux
buildbots. There were a lot of different issues.

Excelent! Many thanks for doing this. And new features of regrtest look nice.

So please try to not break buildbots again and remind to watch them sometimes:

http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable&category=3.x.unstable

A desirable but nonexistent feature is to write emails to authors of commits that broke buildbots. How hard to implement this?

Next weeks, I will try to backport some fixes to Python 3.5 (if
needed) to make these buildbots more stable too.

Python 2.7 buildbots are also in a sad state (ex: test_marshal
segfaults on Windows, see issue #25264). But it's not easy to get a
Windows with the right compiler to develop on Python 2.7 on Windows.

What are you think about backporting recent regrtest to 2.7? Most needed features to me are the -m and -G options.

Maybe it's time to move more 3.x buildbots to the "stable" category?
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable

+1

By the way, I don't understand why "AMD64 OpenIndiana 3.x" is
considered as stable since it's failing with multiple issues since
many months and nobody is working on these failures. I suggest to move
this buildbot back to the unstable category.

I think the main cause is the lack of memory in this buildbot. I tried to minimize memory consumption and leaks, but some leaks are left, and they provoke other tests failures, and additional resource leaks. Would be nice to add a feature for running every test in separate subprocess. This will isolate the effect of failed tests.