Le 14 avr. 2016 11:16 AM, "Serhiy Storchaka" <storch...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> A desirable but nonexistent feature is to write emails to authors of
commits that broke buildbots. How hard to implement this?

Yeah I also had this idea since many years but buildbots were quite
unstable. Maybe we should be more strict to consider a buildbot as stable?

I propose to experiment sending notifications of failure to the authors of
changes *and* to a new mailing list. I would subscribe to such list. An
even safer starting point would be to only start with the mailing list.

FYI I'm connected to the #python-dev IRC channel which already contain
these notifications. But I agree that mails are better.

> What are you think about backporting recent regrtest to 2.7? Most needed
features to me are the -m and -G options.

Regrtest changed a lot in python 3.6 (new test.libregrtest library).
I suggest to start from python 3.5.

For -m: if it doesn't need to modify the unittest module, I agree.

I don't know -G option.

> Would be nice to add a feature for running every test in separate
subprocess. This will isolate the effect of failed tests.

See my email :-) I proposed to modify -j1 to run tests in subrpocesses. I
even mentionned my issue.

I suggest to use -jN on all buildbot, at least -j1.

Maybe -j2 is even better since many tests are waiting on IO or simple sleep.

Victor