On 9 March 2017 at 06:53, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 04:30:41PM +0100, Oleg Broytman wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 09:50:06AM -0500, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org>
> wrote:
>
> > > It's also okay to remove much of the content and just leave a
> placeholder.
> > > The historical record would of course always be available in the vcs.
> >
> >    Thanks! That's what I've planned to do in case we don't remove PEPs.
>
> Why remove the content?
>
> In fact, since its just an informational PEP, why withdraw it?

The PEP Index organises itself by status, so withdrawing it moves it down
into the historical PEPs section, and out of the active section. (We're
probably due for a PEP "spring clean" in general, but doing that is about
as exciting as actual spring cleaning, so it's easy to keep putting it off)

Cheers,
Nick.