On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 03:25:34PM -0000, Richard Whitehead wrote:
> Chris,
>
> As a new member to this list, I can tell you that searching for relevant old
> content was effectively impossible, so I'm all for some way of doing that.

"Effectively impossible" is a gross exaggeration.

The old mailman built-in search functionality is not fantastic, but it's
not useless either, and more importantly, Google does a great job of
indexing the archives.

(I haven't tried it, but I expect Bing does too.)

Very occasionally I find that Google's indexes may be off: in the past,
if a post was deleted (a rare occurrence, but it did happen from time to
time) it would force the remaining posts for that month to get new URLs.
But I don't think that's a problem now, and as Google crawls the
archives again that will slowly correct itself.

Whereas for *me*, three quarters of the functionality on Github doesn't
work at all.

--
Steven