On 25/07/2019 13:14, Batuhan Taskaya wrote:
Why do i need to convince a core developer for my PEP? AFAIK the steering
council can include non core developers (i know it isn't that current case
but for the future this is important). And if the last authority who will
approve my PEP is the steering council i just need to convince them not
core developers.

Sponsors can stay (and they should because guidance is important) but thy
shouldn't be mandatory.  Let everyone to send their peps.

Consider it this way; if you can't convince a single core developer to back your idea, your chances of getting general support, never mind the steering council, are very limited.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd