On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 10:16 PM Batuhan Taskaya <isidenti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do i need to convince a core developer for my PEP? AFAIK the steering
> council can include non core developers (i know it isn't that current case
> but for the future this is important). And if the last authority who will
> approve my PEP is the steering council i just need to convince them not core
> developers.
>
> Sponsors can stay (and they should because guidance is important) but thy
> shouldn't be mandatory.  Let everyone to send their peps.

A PEP shouldn't be the *first* step in a proposal - it's a document
designed to gather together a lot of details, possibly arguments and
counter-arguments, and the justifications for decisions. Instead,
start by just writing up your idea as a python-ideas post; anyone can
do that, and then if you get enough support on -ideas, you can go
forward with writing a PEP, if it's even necessary.

ChrisA