WSGI and ASGI are similar to the Python DB-API, in the sense that they
define a standard Python API. The DB-API uses

Type: Informational

for this purpose; and yes, it doesn't go through the standard
PEP process, but instead is discussed and finalized by a SIG.

Since WSGI and (probably soon) ASGI are very common API standards
in Python land, they deserve to go into the PEP index as well, IMO.

On 28.01.2020 19:45, Brett Cannon wrote:
> The PEP index can be found at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/ and there
> isn't any PEP on this.
>
> But honestly, I don't think this sort of thing should be a PEP. Look at
> ASGI and how that isn't a PEP and still manages to exist. Since this isn't
> a language-related or package-related thing I don't think it really needs
> to go through the PEP process.
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 8:07 PM Jesús Gómez <jgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the PEP-3333[1] they say the following:
>>
>> """
>> After a sufficient number of servers and frameworks have implemented WSGI
>> to provide field experience with varying deployment requirements, it may
>> make sense to create another PEP, describing a deployment standard for WSGI
>> servers and application frameworks.
>> """
>>
>> Did this happen already? Will this happen anytime?
>>
>> [1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3333/
>> Message archived at
>> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/SMT3VZKF6KVHJDRVD2OVPN5EMPN4RDCT/

> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-ideas@python.org/message/NAZB76QHU367T6Z63DMFI3Y3YATARNKJ/

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 28 2020)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/