It's worth noting that I was discouraged from making ASGI a PEP by several
Python core developers, which is why I have not been pursuing that process
any further. I'm not sure I share this view, so I may come back to it in
the future, but there's a reason it's not in the process right now.

As for the deployment format - I feel like the presence of Docker and other
deployment formats that are not Python specific has aged that part of the
original PEP somewhat. I'm not sure we would even be able to back one.

Andrew