> This would place a burden on all iterators to implement a large
> and complex interface. This goes directly against the philosophy of
> Python protocols, which is to be as minimal as possible. Do one thing,
> and do it well.
Agreed.

> And where do you stop? You've picked an arbitrary subset of things
> one might want to do with an iterator. Why those particular ones?
I've picked them arbitrarily for the example.

> What about the contents of the itertools module? Should they be
> included too? Why or why not?
I imagine it to include those from itertools module too. And those from
builtins like zip and enumerate. If you ask me why, I guess one way I reason
about this is that these are what I think an iterator should be able to do
(at the expense of a bloated class).