On Mon, 9 May 2022 at 08:35, Jeremiah Vivian
<nohackingofkrow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've always thought of relaxing the restrictions. It's actually easy to
> implement (even including attribute assignment/subscript assignment) and I
> had to modify only two files (plus regenerate the parser).

I think attribute assignment needs care to be mixed with structural
pattern matching, since obj.attr can also be considered as a value
pattern.  Note attribute assignment with the walrus operator is not
absolutely necessary since the purpose can also be achieved with a
version of the function setattr which returns not None but the set
value.

Best regards,
Takuo Matsuoka