On Tue, 21 Jun 2022 at 13:07, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 03:15:32AM +0100, Rob Cliffe wrote:
>
> > Why do people keep obscuring the discussion of a PEP which addresses
> > Problem A by throwing in discussion of the (unrelated) Problem B?
> > (Chris, and I, have stated, ad nauseam, that these *are* unrelated
> > problems.
>
> Chris says:
>
> "Even if Python does later on grow a generalized lazy evaluation
> feature, it will only change the *implementation* of late-bound
> argument defaults, not their specification."
>
> So you are mistaken that they are unrelated.

*facepalm*

I'm not offering you a way to put C code in your Python function defaults.

However, there is a large amount of C code in the implementation of
them, at least in my reference implementation.

So I guess the features of late-bound defaults and C code in function
defaults aren't unrelated either, and I should stop working on this
and start working on that.

Seriously? Are you unable to distinguish implementation from
specification? What are you even doing on this mailing list?

ChrisA