On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 10:52 AM Stephen J. Turnbull <
stephenjturnb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We (not sure how much help I'll be, but I'm in) need to deal with
> Chris A's point that a pure memoizing object doesn't help with the
> mutable defaults problem.  That is with
>
>     def foo(cookiejar=defer []):
>
> foo() produces a late bound empty list that will be used again the
> next time foo() is invoked.

Yeah... this is a good point, and it is more frustrating to cover the
late-bound argument case.  I welcome edits to the proto-PEP (you can add
yourself as co-author, even if you wind up at -1 on it :-)).

I think I'm more-or-less U+1F922 on "deferred deferred" myself.

🤢