On 7/7/22 09:01, Steve Jorgensen wrote:

> Actually, maybe these are fundamentally incompatible?

Their intended use seems fundamentally incompatible:

- dataclass was designed for making many mutable records (hundreds, thousands,
or more)
- enum was designed to make a handful of named constants (I haven't yet seen
one with even a hundred elements)

The repr from a combined dataclass/enum looks like a dataclass, giving no clue that the object is an enum, and omitting any information about which enum member it is and which enum it is from.

Given these conflicts of interest, I don't see any dataclass examples making it
into the enum documentation.

--
~Ethan~