Russ P. wrote:

The reason I wrote that "it would be nice to be able to write"

if x is not empty:

is that it reads naturally. It was not an actual proposal, and the
fact that you took it as such was *your* mistake.
Now read carefully: I DID NOT CLAIM THAT THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT! Let
me repeat that for you: I DID NOT CLAIM THAT THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT!
Did you get that, idiot?

So people who can read words but not minds are idiots.  Go get 'em, tiger!

--
Erik Max Francis && [EMAIL PROTECTED] && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
 San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM, Y!M erikmaxfrancis